STARTS – Short-Term Assistance Returning To Society
Launched in 2021, STARTS is a second chance pilot program created in partnership with Northampton County Prison for people who have nowhere to go once released from prison.
We believe with a home, support, and treatment, individuals previously incarcerated will be more successful in reintegrating with society and less likely to be repeat offenders.
STARTS preforms several functions:
- First, as a welcoming, safe environment, for those who would otherwise be homeless.
- Second, as mental health support; most individuals are released with less than a week of needed medication, and often cannot get access to mental health care providers before their medication runs out.
- Third, as a family or a support group, assisting individuals in successful reintegration into society.
- Personalized plan, traditionally 6-months, with specific goals for employment, treatment, and housing expectations
- Clients are also enrolled in our THRIVE program
- Provision of essentials, a 30-day bus pass, and rent-free housing
- Our team works 24-7 to support clients
- We maintain 3 houses, with a 9-client maximum capacity
Adults and adolescents released from Northampton County Jail with nowhere to live.
Questions? Call 484.891.0820 for more information.