Responsible to direct clients in activities, work training activities, and associated services which embrace the learning of daily life skills in their home and/or community setting. Assist clients in understanding employment opportunities and psychiatric rehabilitation programs which enhance the abilities and cognition of individuals with mental illness. Complete daily, monthly and quarterly paperwork as required by funder.
The following list contains some of the many skills to be addressed with MPRS members:
- Scheduling and managing appointments.
- Organizing and managing paperwork including bills, check-books and filling out applications.
- Obtaining and maintaining a clean and organized living space.
- Learning healthy nutritional habits including menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking.
- Connecting to community resources such as clubhouse, food banks, and churches.
- Promote greater independence by assisting consumer in overcoming any obstacles to greater use of public transportation.
- Learning and implementing healthy personal hygiene practices.
- Assisting with obtaining and maintaining vocational activities such as employment, volunteering, etc.
- Connecting with additional community resources which promote recovery and rehabilitation.
- Increasing knowledge related to consumer’s mental and physical health with the goal of increasing overall wellness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts appropriate, needs based skill set groups and provides education, support and guidance.
- Provides guidance to services, including information and referral services as needed to current PRS clients
- Monitors client symptoms, continually assessing the need for therapeutic intervention.
- Provides opportunities for transferring learned rehabilitation skills and abilities through education, recreational, and community orientation activities
- Accurately documents all client services and completes appropriate paper work according to policy and procedure and state and funder regulations.
- Acts as part of the clinical team, coordinates face-to-face visits between client and other providers as needed
- Provides van transport services as needed.
- Completes and maintains CPRP Certification according to State and funder regulations
- Maintain accuracy and completion of files of assigned caseload
- Assists clients with initial treatment and pre-discharge plans.
- Attends all scheduled in-service training, staff meetings, and outside conferences as directed
- Attends Supervision with Director as deemed necessary by Director. A minimum of biweekly supervision is required
- Collaborates and communicates with Haven House’s outpatient department, if client receives services in this department, and community providers and other agencies
- Meet productivity expectations each week of 75-80%.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree required. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification (CPRP) required or completion of certification within two years from date of hire. Two (2) years of recognized experience working with persons with serious mental illness fourteen (14) year of age and older. A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and computer literacy is required. Provide all necessary clearances as per Federal, State and Agency regulations. Complete Mandated Reporter Training within 90 days and maintained according to regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)