Program Mission: Provide increased support and guidance to aging residents who are struggling with mental illness, as they face the challenges of day-to-day life.
A pilot program that was created in collaboration with Northampton County, as a way to enhance the overall care for aging residents who suffer from mental health disorders. The program began serving residents at Gracedale Nursing Home in Easton, Pennsylvania.
Our Diverse Team Consists Of:
- Program Coordinator
- Behavior Specialist
- 2 Certified Older Adult Peer Specialists (COAPS)
We work to increase the collaboration and communication between all of the current entities involved in the member’s care — in order to provide a consistent approach to achieving mental health wellness. Additionally, our team offers trainings to employees of the nursing home in order to increase their awareness and understanding of mental health disorders. As a result, residents will receive the best care possible.
You Will Receive:
- Personalized Behavior Plans
- Individual therapy
- Ongoing support from a Certified Older Adult Peer Specialist (COAPS)
- Individualized care focused on your needs
- A collaborative person-centered approach that takes into account all of the factors impacting your mental health
- Consistent communication with primary care physicians, nurses, social services, and family members
For more information call 610.433.6181 x 122